Tuesday, August 7, 2007

No trash for 2 weeks, first post

So I'm carrying on this project from my sister, who took it from a friend in NY who carried it from a friend in Cali. Seems the project spidered out in several directions from the originator, it would nice for an easy way to tally how many have been doing it.
First some links, the project originated from this woman: http://www.frogdesign.com/frogblog/
My sister again, was my connection to this project, this is her blog: http://gaillimjoco.blogspot.com/

So I picked it up from her on Saturday August 4th 2007, the intent is to minimize the amount of trash being created during two weeks as much as you can. The goal is no trash, and to make one aware of how much trash they actually create on a daily basis. We're supposed to carry around our trash for the 2 weeks period, and compost and recycle whatever can be.

My lovely girlfriend Kris is doing it as well. We met up with Gail (sister) on Saturday at a restaurant for breakfast. We ended up collecting teabags, doilies, and lots of leftovers which we put in a tupperware container to bring home and compost.

can't say I've collected anything yet over the past couple days. I didn't take a bag at Subway yesterday for lunch, so I just took home the sandwich paper and composted it. Luckily San Francisco collects compost, a great help.

No comments: